According to the testcode category syncing seems to work, although I did not yet test it extensively in a real sync. The test code does a sync, but between two local databases. It might be that there are still issues when using a database on the palm. But with the absence of any reasonable good working conduit (the only one which works ™ is the keyring conduit.) I’ll leave it as it is for now. The fundamentals are in and it should not need too much polishing.
The next step is to get a conduit syncing with an Akonadi collection. I started working on replacement for the abbrowserconduit (yes horrible name, the new one is called contacts). It does not much right now but the first code is promissing. I’m already able to contact Akonadi and fetch the addressbook items from it. What I’ve seen until now from Akanodi makes me already falling in love with it. A short chat of 15 minutes with vkrause, another 30 minutes of coding and compiling and the first working code is there. I hope that within a week or two KPilot is able to sync it’s contacts with Akanodi.
Oh and my brother and father came home yesterday with Czech ambulance. I was quite relieved when my dad called to tell he was home. My brother does reasonable well luckily. I hope he became a bit wiser now (although I doubt =:).